“Ah! You are missing a lot!”
Haven’t all the vegetarians heard this phrase at least once in their lifetime? I can bet on that because I heard it many times and frankly, lost count of it by now and got used to hearing it! May be I am just tired to explain every single time that it is as simple as “I just don’t want to!” AARGH!
I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian (?!?!?) which simply means along with all that is vegetarian, I also eat dairy products and eggs, but not meat, fish, poultry and any products that contain these foods. So, according to every other non-vegetarian, Paneer is the only thing I order when I go to a restaurant or Paneer is the only ‘Special’ dish every vegetarian likes! Having said that, when I kept my frustrated thoughts aside for a while, I realized how frustrating it must be for vegans when this question is popped!
All this bragging is because of the sample packet of ‘Farm Direct Paneer‘ which KIARO sent me as a part of their giveaway, celebrating their new product launch.
Wait! Am I blaming KIARO now for being so generous???
The truth is, vegetarians do have many options when it comes to food, but Paneer always tops the list as it can literally go with any dish!
So, here I am today, sharing a different recipe made with Paneer. This is something I can have at any given time of the day!
*Note: Nutrition chart is included at the end of the recipe!
Key ingredients for today’s recipe are: Paneer and Eggs.
SCOTCH EGGS WITH PANEER
- Paneer – 150 Grams
- Eggs – 2 no’s
- Green Chili (chopped) – 1 Teaspoon
- Water – 2 Teaspoons
- Lemon Juice – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Mixed Herbs – 1 Teaspoon
- Cornflour – 1 Teaspoon + more for rolling
Serving 2 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 180°c for 10 minutes.
- Take a sauce pan or pot and bring water to boil. Add a slice of lemon and 2 eggs to the boiling water. Keep the flame on high and boil the eggs for 7 minutes.
- Once done, drain the water and remove the egg shells and then keep them aside.
- Take place or any flat surface and knead the Paneer until it turn soft.
- Now take a mixing bowl and add kneaded paneer, salt, pepper, red chili powder, mixed herbs and corn flour to it and combine them well.
- Now add lemon juice and water and mix it well.
- Score the eggs using a knife, just to roughen up the otherwise smooth outer layer of the egg.
- Now cover the egg with the paneer mixture and give them an oval shape.
- (Optional) Roll the scotch eggs in Cornflour and try to secure the shape.
- Pop them in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (or until they turn brown) at 180°c.
- Once done, remove them from the oven and serve it hot with a choice of your favorite sauce to go with it.
I hope you loved this recipe! If so, then do share this recipe. Also, give it a try and let me know your thoughts by dropping a comment below.